香港資優教育教師協會(Hong Kong Gifted Education Teachers' Association)成立旨在推廣香港資優教育教師的教學經驗，
Aims of Hong Kong Gifted Education Teachers' Association (HKGETA)
Further to the GE policy firstly launched in ECR 4 (Education Commission Report No.4) in Hong Kong in 1990, followed by the former committee members in CDCC (GE) Curriculum Development Council (GE), we steered and humbly started the establishment of HKGETA. In 2013, HKGETA was founded by Dr YT Li , CBE, JP as the Hon. Advisor and Mr Ronnie Yeung as the Chairman.
HKGETA, non-profit making, helping many gifted students in deprived families, it is directly registered under EDB Teachers' Centre in academic category, has been serving as the only EDB registered association dealing with the promotion of gifted education development in HK.
The Hong Kong Gifted Education Teachers' Association aims to raise teachers' professional standard by promoting quality practices in gifted education (GE). To build the collective capacity of gifted education teachers, the Association develops GE through the following means:
Apart from school partnership for gifted pilot programs, HKGETA also provides professional development courses to equip teachers who are passionate for gifted education to:
- To provide experience sharing platform through talks and sharing sessions;
- To establish an online platform for GE teaching resources for members;
- To raise awareness on the affective needs of gifted youths by organizing counseling experience sharing on gifted students in primary, secondary and tertiary schools;
- To raise public awareness on the importance of creativity, problem solving, critical thinking and higher order thinking skills through organizing and supporting workshops and competitions;
- To organize and participate in local and overseas meetings and visits to enrich the understanding of frontline teachers on gifted education.
- Unlock students' potentials
- Realize students' talents
- Stimulate students' thinking
- Inspire students' life